Roland SH-4d Synthesizer
Product Code: SH-4d
Compact desktop synthesizer with 11 OSC Models, professional sound design tools, hands-on workflow, multitimbral pattern sequencer, extensive effects, and more.
Meet the SH-4d Synthesizer, a desktop powerhouse with hands-on workflow and deep synthesis tools for designing the sounds of yesterday, today, and tomorrow. Create spontaneous musical moments with 11 OSC Models, a multitimbral pattern sequencer, extensive effects, and plenty of polyphony. And with the loaded panel, dynamic controls, motion recording, and more, you can craft evolving sounds and compositions as fast as the ideas come. Equally suited for studio, stage, and traveling, the SH-4d is an incredibly versatile synth that unleashes inspiration from the moment you power on.
- Compact desktop synthesizer with professional sound design tools, intuitive hands-on workflow, and onboard pattern sequencer
- Eleven OSC Models cover everything from vintage analog and classic PCM tones to cutting-edge digital textures
- OSC Models include the new SH-4d native engine, Wavetable, Cross FM, JUNO-106, SH-101, and more
- Four independent synth parts and a dedicated rhythm part with up to 60 voices of total polyphony*
- Rhythm part with selectable waveforms, powerful synthesis controls, layering capability, and more for individual sound design per instrument
- Fully loaded direct-access panel with 32 knobs, four sliders, and a massive array of buttons
- Top-level interface workflow reconfigures the LCD and panel controls for the Model or performance mode to eliminate menu diving and creative slowdowns
- Dedicated Filter, Amplifier, and LFO sections with comprehensive controls
- Advanced Matrix for modulating multiple assignable parameters
- Button keyboard with a two-plus octave range for self-contained music creation
- Multitimbral sequencer with 128 patterns, real-time recording, two step-entry modes, and motion recording
- Probability and sub step settings per note for tones and rhythm parts in pattern sequences
- Unique D-Motion and Visual Arpeggio for creating performance effects by physically moving the SH-4d
- Extensive onboard sound processing with MFX for each Tone plus global MFX, reverb, chorus, delay, and more
- USB-C audio/MIDI interface and 5-pin MIDI I/O
- Clock input for synchronizing with modular synths and other Roland gear
- Stereo 1/4-inch audio outputs and headphones jack
- 3.5 mm stereo audio input for mixing other synths such as AIRA Compact and Roland Boutique instruments
- Rugged portable design powered by batteries or USB-C
*Maximum polyphony varies according to OSC Model voice settings and the sound generator load.