Beyerdynamic M160 Hypercardioid Ribbon Microphone
Product Code: BD100668
Beyerdynamic M160 Hypercardioid Ribbon Microphone.
Beyerdynamic is one of few microphone manufacturers world-wide that still produce ribbon microphones. A classic one is the M 160, a dynamic double ribbon microphone. Featuring a hypercardioid polar pattern with a noise attenuation of 25 dB at 110°, the M 160 is an outstanding microphone which is very effective for all types of remote and in-studio voice reproduction. In the recording studio, the M 160 is recommended for miking string instruments such as violins, violas, cellos and for pianos, saxophones as well as for hi-hat and toms. The non-glare black surface of the M 160 and its small dimensions allow the unobtrusive use in TV or film studios. In conjunction with the M 130 dynamic double ribbon microphone the M 160 is ideal for stereo recordings in MS technique.
- Unique double ribbon microphone transducer
- Hypercardioid polar pattern
- Extended frequency response
- Excellent transparency and transient response
- Compact and rugged design
- Warm and natural sound
- Transducer type: Dynamic
- Operating principle: Pressure gradient
- Frequency response: 40 - 18,000 Hz
- Polar pattern: Hypercardioid