Mackie MDB-1A Active Direct Box
Product Code: MDB-1A
The Mackie MDB-1A is an active direct box designed to connect a single instrument such as a guitar, bass, or keyboard to a microphone preamp for musicians and audio engineers in recording sessions, houses of worship, and live stage applications. It converts a high-impedance, instrument-level signal via its 1/4″ TS unbalanced input to a low-impedance, mic-level output via its balanced XLR 3-pin jack. A 1/4″ thru jack allows simultaneous connection to an amplifier or pedalboard.
THE PERFECT MATCH
With four models to choose from, you can get the perfect match for your instruments. High output instruments will appreciate the extra headroom in the MDB-1A.
From the inside out, MDB Series direct boxes are built to last. Thick steel chassis, impact resistant corners, and long-wearing jacks will keep these in your bag for years to come.
PREMIUM ANALOG CIRCUITRY
MDB Series direct boxes offer excellent noise performance and transparency. Whether you are in the studio or performing on stage, your instruments will always sound as good as they do at the source.
- Active circuity offers higher headroom for ultra-low noise and distortion free performance
- Balanced Male XLR output connector with ground lift
- Low cut and polarity switches
- Merge switch allows connection of stereo sources which are then summed to mono at the output, perfect for stereo sources like media players and keyboards
- -20dB Pad ensures distortion-free performance when connecting high-level sources
- Powered via 48V phantom power
- Built like a tank construction
Input Connections: 1 x 1/4″ TS unbalanced
Output Connectors: 1 x 1/4″ TS unbalanced, 1 x XLR 3-pin balanced
Input Impedance: 300 kOhms unbalanced
Output Impedance: 150 Ohms unbalanced
Impedance Ratio: 2200:1
High Pass Filter: 120Hz
Pad: -20 dB
Power Requirements: 48V Phantom Power
Dimensions: 38 x 86 x 147 mm
Weight: 0.4 kg